Mittwoch, 9. September 2015

NEW Android-Plugin version + Archetype Update

Today I am very glad to announce the update of BARACUS maven archetype. Now it uses the simpligility android-maven-plugin, which is the successor of the deprecated jayway plugin.

The new archetype is compliant to the required structure of the new plugin version.

To create a new BARACUS based project, mvn archetype:generate your app and simply follow the steps-to-perform-section here

IntelliJ users please keep in mind to modifiy the project structure after creating the project or after migrating to the new plugin version:


  1. in pom.xml, set android.plugin.version to 4.3.0
  2. in pom.xml, change (both plugin-management and plugins) android plugin group IDs to com.simpligility.maven.plugins
  3. move res folder to src/main/res
  4. move AndroidManifest.xml to /src/main/AndroidManifest.xml
  5. if you have assets, do the same
  6. eventually move your native libs too (I don't have any ones, so I can't tell you)
Finally, if you use IntelliJ IDEA, alter the project structure as shown above.

Have Fun,

Sonntag, 21. Juni 2015

BARACUS 0.9.1 has been released!

Today I am very glad to announce the release of BARACUS 0.9.1.

It contains some bugfixes, and now enables the user to have ManagedActivities stable after a device rotate; the device caused android 4 to have an internal construction call which had to be tangled with the bean container. Now the ManagedActivity will be able to survive a device rotation by reinjecting all beans.

Also, I added a macro call to simplify yes-no-requester handling a little bit.

Finally, I added the capability to deregister a delete callback safely.

To use the current apklib (in your Android application module), simply use the dependency


... as usual.

The sourcecode has been branched here - the javadocs can be found here


Samstag, 21. März 2015

BARACUS has been successfully tested under ANDROID 5.1

I am glad to announce that the BARACUS reference application, another BARACUS based customer application and one of my own applications using the full BARACUS feature set have been successfully deployed and tested on an Android 5.1 device. There should be no known issues with the latest Android version. Please report any discoveries to the BARACUS forum on G+. Have fun! MNT

Freitag, 13. März 2015

BARACUS Release 0.9 -The namespace flip

Today I am glad to announce the release of BARACUS version 0.9.
You can obtain the libary by adding these maven coordinates to the project



This release is dominated by the change of the BARACUS namespace from net.mantucon.baracus to org.baracus. The change can be easily performed by replacing all references plus altering the framework version - with IntelliJ IDEA it took me 10 minutes to migrate the entire project to the new namespace.

Simply replace all occurences of

import net.mantucon.baracus


import org.baracus

and all static imports

import static net.mantucon.baracus.


import static org.baracus.

In case that you are using ConstrainedText-Elements, you also must alter all layout XMLs.

The maven archetype already is using the new packages so you can create BARACUS based applications easily using  mvn generate:archetype (see this article for details)

Within the next weeks I will upgrade all tutorials and sample applications to use the new BARACUS namespaces.


Dienstag, 10. März 2015

BARACUS now backed by Crowdcode

I am very pleased to announce, that the Crowdcode company will now back the BARACUS project. My company MANTUCON has dissolved in Crowdcode GmbH & Co. KG (I only will continue to perform trainings under the MANTUCON label).

We are more people with a larger range of contacts and better capabilities to keep this framework alive and maintained.

Also, I announce hereby to modify the package domains of the framework. I mischose them to run onder net.mantucon.baracus - despite this is an open source framework hosted and published under

This will be subject of change within the next minor release or the when we will ascend to the 1.0 milestone :)

So be prepared to refactor your applications (net.mantucon.baracus -> org.baracus - that's all) in near future!